We are delighted that 2014 was one of our best attended in recent years - allowing us to not only invest in an even better show for 2015, but also provide substantial support to important local charities. At our AGM in November, we agreed to donate £1,500 to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and make a significant financial pledge to renovation works at Almscliffe Hall.
You may remember one of the changes we made last year was to create the opportunity to become a Member of the Show. For £30 you get priority access to the show and know you are making a valuable contribution to a great local tradition. Surely the perfect Christmas present for the local friend or relative who is hard to buy for! For full details see our website.
And finally… do look ahead to our key dates for next year:
• Our annual Dinner Dance at Almscliffe Hall will take place on Saturday 14th March. A great evening of food, entertainment and dancing. Start organising your tables now! All welcome. We will have full details in the next Parish News and on our website.
• Show weekend is all set for 24 - 26 July 2015, with the traditional Hog Roast on Friday night and of course the main event on Sunday.
A big thank you to everyone who has supported the show during 2014 .
Weeton Show - Sunday 29th July 2018 - Gates open 8.00am
- Adults £8
- Concessions £4
- Members £30
Main Ring Entertainment
(Starts at Circa 12.30pm - Horse and Pony Classes, including Showjumping, continue in adjacent rings)
- Rougemont Chase
- Kirkbourne Spaniels
- Gundog Scurry
- Vintage Tractors
- Badsworth and Bramham Hunt
- Mounted and Non Mounted Fancy Dress
- Children’s Races
- Vintage Steam Engines
- Heavy Horse Championship Parade
- Carriage Driving
- Airedale Beagles
- Wharfedale Terriers
- Famous Weeton Dog Race
- Live Craft Displays
- Buffet and Bar Tent
- Guiseley Silver Band
- Dog Show
- Cookery, Handicraft and Horticultural Competition Classes
- Jazz Band
- Punch & Judy
- Children’s Rides
* 50 Quality Trade Stands *
* Free Car Park *
* Licensed Bar And Buffet *
We look forward to seeing you on the 29th July - Gates open 8.00am
For more information check the Website or ring 01423 733 404.